Friday, September 3, 2010

Mark II For Sale????

So it looks like I will be selling the MarkII soon. The military installation I work on has decided that now is a good time to enforce the rules they've let me (and every other car guy) break for the last 5 years (that I've been here, more though of course). I was told today that at any moment I should expect my car to be impounded in place due to multiple infractions (Car too low, wheels stick out past fenders, modified exhaust, etc). Rather than make my car 'shakken legal', I'm probably just going to get rid of it. I just can't see myself w/ out fitment and stance. Will probably buy a good daily beater and just drift the 90 from now on... Pretty pissed off. It's like I'm loosing the Cresta all over again. I drive by 10 cops everyday (japanese) and 100 fitted/stanced cars/bozo bikes, trikes and everything else known to man and never get a ticket. But now as soon as I arrive on the base I'm threatened w/ my car being impounded. I know its the law but it F'n SUCKS...

So for all you guys wondering wtf I'm talking about.... YES Japan's car rules are pretty darn strict for inspection/registration. AT any time a cop can pull you over and site you for any modification not noted on your title/registration. Now does this happen. Rarely, I mean the only time this happens is MAYBE if they bust you for speeding or something else illegal, they might tack on a few more tickets. But you/we've all see what people daily here, I mean our car culture (drifting) is based on it... and my employer is telling me I have to give it up...


So... I'm 95% sure, the Mark II will be for sale in the coming weeks. I will be getting some body work done (fix front bumper, and all 4 fenders). I will take parts off to help buyer meet my price. I'm looking for 1 million yen OBO.

Thanks for listen to me bitch/moan/whine/cry/vent....

6 comments:

  1. T.T
    once again, good luck on your sale & search
    don't disappoint me with your new car!

    and why don't you ever post about the x90? (or do I just miss it?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn man, that sucks ass! Any who, i would LOVE to buy your Mark II if i had the money.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Slappy - yea IF someone give me what I want, I'll probably let it go.. we'll see, my friends talked me into just working around it for a while.... so I'll probly just do that...

    Isidro - Since the cresta accident I've been focusing on the markII... now that the markII is done, you'l see more about the 90...soon I promise :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would. That car you have is a freakin gem. Its been my desktop for awhile now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. shit man, that's horrible. Maybe you can find a house outside of base like you were talking about? and maybe drive a kei-truck to work for a little? haha. Perhaps get a scooter like Brian? JKJK. But yea, miss all you guys - busting my ass over here to get over there ASAP~ good luck to us both.

    ReplyDelete