Thursday, September 9, 2010

Clutch....

So during the last few weeks my clutch has been slipping and I knew I would have to change it soon. During my last session, it slipped BAD and then on the way home, I could barely get up my hill. So I parked the car for a little while. I had to order clutch Cover bolts from Exedy before I could install the clutch. So those came in last friday and I set up a date to rent space at my buddy Ida's shop (U'Parts Sanriku). It's pretty cool that they offer this service, its 1500Y for floor space and 2000Y for the lift per hour. Thats 10 times what I pay on base, but its also about 200$ + cheaper than having Ida or any other shop do the work... So Monday (Labor Day) morning I get over to his shop first thing and get to work. I don't have any tools (always work on my car at the shop) so my friend Chad brought his along. Another friend Gary came along to help keep an eye on my boys. Swap actually took a little longer than I'd wanted but everything went together ok an the markII is back on the road again.
Definately not a stock flywheel (though the cover and disk were....)
Dope honda city turbo....
Cool ass c34 laurel on 4 lug 15's... on the ground..

1 comment: