Sunday, June 12, 2011

Engine Swap.....

Is halfway done....

So I was able to get a bit of work done today. With the help of my buddies at the shop, I got the motor pulled from the Cresta. We then started tearing down the MarkII. We pulled the tranny, and drained all the fluids w/ the exception of fuel. Car still has over a half a tank of premium / HI-OC which I plan to ciphhen out, then I'll pull the fuel pump and motor. Also pulled the swaybars, underbracing, and muffler. Tomorrow I'll pull the engine and the rest of the suspension components. Then it's off to the junkyard for the donor/parts car. Hopefully tomorrow I can start putting the cresta together. I need to install the clutch master and line. I just ordered a clutch. Once that comes in, the care should be on the road. It's coming together slowly but surely. It feels good to be back in the mix (^.^).

No comments:

Post a Comment