Tuesday, May 25, 2010

GOT ANGLE???????

So Jeremy and Aaron have knuckles. Today I joined the club. I was able to get everything installed as well as a half assed eyeball alignment. Tried to measure but the shit wasn't coming out even so I said screw it... just went w/ the eyeball method.... just barely have tire clearance to body, but 10j +10 rubs (rear of the barrel of the wheel to body) *sigh* New wheels are more agressive offset wise (well will be w/ spacers) but not as wide, but seeing as they aren't as wide, tire selection is gonna be an issue (seein as I have a 10j w/ a 225 up front now.... same size tire is gonna be "bigger" on a 9.5 which my new wheels are. We'll see how it works out. I thought I might get be able to get away w/ not having to use the B>F>H.... guess not

Also, I'm using tie rods w/ the built in spacer, w/ the extra tie rod spacer spacer.... is that bad.. hope not haha...

Cliff notes: Installed GP Sports Knuckles, Kazama Tierods and ends, tie rod spacer, YAJ Pillowball Altezza Tension rods, steering angle is gangster... shit rubs... thats all

Pics soon....

2 comments:

  1. sounds f'in dope.. youre gona love that shit when ur drifting

    you can run the tie rod and the spacer also, i do the same thing on my 240 in the states, you are supposed to use thread lock though, hope u did haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. No I didn't lol. I took them off though. Having some issues... think my rack or pump is done. Hard to steer right. Easy to steer left. Wasn't like that at all before I changed everything. Thinkin its alignment but the pump/rack is whinig now (was whining a TINY bit before, now its load everytime you turn the wheel(.

    ReplyDelete